The Romanian Society of Probability and Statistics aims to:
• Promote and stimulate scientific research in Probability Theory, Mathematical Statistics and their applications;
• Contribute towards raising the scientific level of its members, and promote interest in Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics.
• Disseminate the results of the scientific work of its members both in Romania and abroad.
• Collaborate with other scientific societies both in Romania and abroad.
To achieve its aims, The Romanian Society of Probability and Statistics performs the following main activities:
• Organizes scientific meetings, study tours, summer courses, exchange programs, and consultations; participates in national and international conferences and meetings on Probability Theory, Mathematical Statistics and their applications; coordinates exchanges of publications and scientific information both at national and international level;
• Sponsors scientific journals that publish both methodological and applied papers;
• Stimulates and capitalizes on both the individual and collective scientific contributions of its members;
• Collaborates with other societies, scientific organizations, research institutes and institutions of higher education, both in Romania and abroad.
• The Romanian Society of Probability and Statistics may, as described in its by-laws, affiliate with other similar international organizations.