THE 22nd CONFERENCE of the ROMANIAN SOCIETY of PROBABILITY and STATISTICS, BUCHAREST, MAI 10-11, 2019
Simion Stoilow Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest
Since 1991, the annual conference of the Romanian Society of Probability and Statistics brings together academics and students from Romania and abroad to discuss recent developments in research in probability theory and mathematical statistics. This year, the conference will be held at IMAR (Simion Stoilow Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest) on Mai 10-11, 2019.
The web pages of the past editions of the conference can be found here.
The topics of the conference will include:
- Stochastic Processes
- Actuarial and Financial Mathematics
The conference is organized by
- the Romanian Society of Probability and Statistics,
- the Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Bucharest,
- "Gheorghe Mihoc-Caius Iacob" Institute of Mathematical Statistics and Applied Mathematics, and
- Simion Stoilow Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy
- Vlad Bally (Université de Paris-Est, France)
- Dan Crisan (Imperial College London, United Kingdom)
- Radu Craiu (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Céline Lacaux (Université d’Avignon, France)
- Bohdan Maslowski (Charles Univ. Prague, Czech Republic)
- Madalina Olteanu (Université de Paris 1, France)
- Valentin Patilea (ENSAI Rennes, France)
- Giovanni Peccati (University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg)
- Nicolas Perkowski (Max Planck Institute, Germany)
- Julien Randon-Furling (Université de Paris 1, France)
- Lauri Viitasaari (University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Title of the proposed special session;
- Names/affiliation/email adress of the organizers;
- Tentative list of speakers.
Starting with 2019, the society will award a prize (1000 RON) for a young Romanian probabilist or statistician that defended the PH. D. in a Romanian institution in the last ten years (2009-2019). Applications are welcome from candidates or from any other scientific personality that knowns the candidate. The proposals should be submitted to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before April 1st, 2019.
Please send a short CV and a list of publications.
The deadline for registration is April 15th, 2019. The registration is free but mandatory.
- Lucian Beznea (lucian.Beznea@imar.ro)
- Ciprian Tudor (email@example.com)
Poster [click to download]
The conference will take place at the Simion Stoilow Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, 21 Calea Grivitei Street, 010702 Bucharest, Romania.
The rooms will be announced in the programme.
Arrival from the Otopeni Airport:
The easiest way to go from the airport to the city center is to take a taxi. Once you exit the baggage claim, you find on your right (also on your left) a machine where you can order a taxi by touching on the screen the name of a company (the price per kilometer of each company is written there, all companies have more or less the same price).
The fare from the airport to the IMAR should be about 50 RON (1 euro=4,7 RON approx.) (A tip of about 20 RON is usual but not mandatory).
Another posibility is to take the bus. You need to follow the inscription "Bus to Bucharest" and to take the bus 783. There is a counter to buy tickets near the station.
Registrered participants (April 05, 2019)
- Dragos-Patru Covei (ASE Bucharest, Romania)
- Daniel Ciuiu (Technical University of Civil Engineering, Bucharest, Romania)
- Pavlina Jordanova (Shumen University, Bulgaria)
- Iulian Campean (Imar Bucharest, Romania)
- Iuliana Iatan (Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest, Romania)
- Radu Craiu (University of Toronto, Canada
- Alex Karagrigoriou (University of the Aegean, Greece)
- Andreas Makrides (Uniuversity of Rouen, France and University of Cyprus)
- Ciprian Tudor (University of Lille, France)
- Lauri Viitasaari (University of Helsinki, Finland )
- Emil Simion (University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania)
- Radu Stoica (Universite de Lorraine, France)
- Vali Asimit (Cass Business School, City, University of London, UK)
- Kimon Ntotsis (University of the Aegean, Greece)
- Oana Lupascu-Stamate (ISmma, Bucharest, Romania)
- Paschalini Trentou (University of the Aegean, Greece)
- Vlad Bally (Universite Paris Est, France)
- Christos Meselidis (University of the Aegean, Greece)
- Alexei Leahu (Technical University of Moldova, Moldova)
- Achilleas Anastasiou (University of the Aegean, Greece)
- Raluca Vernic (Ovidius University, Constanta, Romania)
- Lucian Beznea (Imar Bucharest, Romania)
- Maria Tudor (ASE Bucharest, Romania)
- Marko Voutilainen (Aalto University, Finland)
- Stefanut Ciochina (Dunarea de Jos University of Galati, Romania)
- Andrei Badescu (University of Toronto, Canada)