THE 23nd CONFERENCE of the ROMANIAN SOCIETY of PROBABILITY and STATISTICS, TIMISOARA, APRIL 24-25, 2020
Politehnica University of Timisoara, Timisoara
Since 1991, the annual conference of the Romanian Society of Probability and Statistics brings together academics and students from Romania and abroad to discuss recent developments in research in probability theory and mathematical statistics. This year, the conference will be held at UPT (Politehnica University of Timisoara, Timisoara) on April 24-25, 2020.
The web pages of the past editions of the conference can be found here.
The topics of the conference will include:
- Stochastic Processes
- Actuarial and Financial Mathematics
The conference is organized by
- The Romanian Society of Probability and Statistics,
- Politehnica University of Timisoara,
- The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, Bucharest,
- "Gheorghe Mihoc-Caius Iacob" Institute of Mathematical Statistics and Applied Mathematics, and
- Simion Stoilow Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy
- Ionut Bebu (University of Washington, USA)
- Christophe Biernacki (Université de Lille)
- Delia Coculescu (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Dan Crisan (Imperial College London, United Kingdom)
- Alexandros Karagrigoriou (Aegean University, Greece)
- Claudia Kluppelberg (Technical University of Munich, Germany)
- Ashkan Nikeghbali (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Valentin Patilea (ENSAI Rennes, France)
- Nicolas Perkowski (Freie Universität Berlin, Germany)
- Traian Pirvu (Mc Master University, Canada)
- Joseph Rynkiewicz (Université de Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne, France)
- Radu Stoica (Université de Lorraine, Nancy, France)
- Title of the proposed special session;
- Names/affiliation/email adress of the organizers;
- Tentative list of speakers.
Starting with 2019, the society will award a prize (1000 RON) for a young Romanian probabilist or statistician that defended the PH. D. in a Romanian institution in the last ten years (2010-2020). Applications are welcome from candidates or from any other scientific personality that knowns the candidate. The proposals should be submitted to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before April 1st, 2020.
Please send a short CV and a list of publications.
The deadline for registration is April 1st, 2020. The registration is free but mandatory.
- Lucian Beznea (lucian.Beznea@imar.ro)
- Ciprian Tudor (email@example.com)
Local Contact Information
- Liviu Cadariu- Brailoiu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Romeo Negrea (email@example.com)
The conference benefits from the scientific sponsorship of the
- BERNOULLI SOCIETY (http://www.bernoulli-society.org/index.php ).
- Flyer of the Bernoulli society: http://www.bernoulli-society.org/files/BernoulliFlyer2019.pdf
- Poster of the Bernoulli Society: http://www.bernoulli-society.org/files/BernoulliPoster2019.pdf
Poster [click to download]
Poster [click to download]
Registrered participants (________, 2020)